Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday night - post class departure

It's Monday night and my new class has started, but I miss you all terribly. It was such a fantastic week and I was so very glad that we had the opportunity to work, play and learn together. For me the experience is as much one of disseminating knowledge and experience as well as learning new aspects of camera technology, group dynamics and how to be a better communicator. The class was simply phenomenal and I do hope to see you all here again at some point or out in the world, working, playing and making fantastic images.

And speaking of images, if you have any, please share them on the Flickr site when you have a moment.

Danny and Julie are in the Location Lighting class this week and it's such a joy to see them both again - they are a joy to be around and work with. I wish you could have all stayed.

Avalon has sent along a camera work text that she's been reading and I've posted it to this site for your enjoyment. It's full of fantastic information and I think you'll all find it helpful and useful as a resource. If any of you come across documents or websites or tidbits of knowledge you think the group may benefit from, please feel free to let us know about it. The learning process doesn't end when you leave Maine, but continues ad infinitum and we can all benefit from your discoveries, failures, successes and insights.

Keep shooting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say thanks to you Daniel and to everyone in the June 07 BVC. It was such a pleasure to meet and work with you all. Everyone brought their own unique exceptional skills to the class, which made the sum of our parts greater than the whole. I'm looking forward to seeing and/or working with all of you in the future. Thanks again for making my experience @ the Maine Wokshops one I won't forget. Please stay in contact.
-Keats

Unknown said...

I also want to thank everyone for all of the support during the workshop. How is it that after just a week I miss all of you and wish we were still in Maine learning together?

I've had my computer fry today and I'm trying to figure out how to keep the project on track but I still want to take the time to check in and see how everybody is. I hope everyone had safe travels home, and if you're in DC please come by the museum and check it out. Let me know and I'll make sure to give you a personal tour.

Stay in touch.

Gussie

Unknown said...

I miss my BVCers so much this week! I hope to come see you all at some point and I am sure it will be like we never left Maine. It's amazing to me how you can develop such great relationships with people in such a short amount of time. Hope everyone is doing phenomenally and can't wait to see you all sometime soon!

p.s. Everytime I see a man in drag on the street in Philly I will think of you Will! hehe

Unknown said...

Hello everybody,

I received my DVD today at work. I made my office mates watch the video with me. I miss you all. I hope everyone is doing well. Please let me know if you're coming to DC. Just wanted to say hello and let you know if was fun to relive the screening though I heard all kind of audio stuff when people weren't laughing, like Daniel saying "focus." Take Care and keep in touch.